These are so good! So refreshing! I am eating one as I type, and it's wonderful.
Which reminds me... I heard once that even though men's computer keyboards look way grosser than women's, women's computer keyboards have more germs/bacteria/whathaveyou because, perpetual multitaskers that we are, we eat at our desks more often than men. And eating can be kind of germy, I guess.
I invented these one afternoon because (1) it was 90 degrees and humid out and I really wanted a popsicle, (2) I had a lot of cucumbers in my refrigerator and had been inspired to try something sweet with them after my successful go of watermelon gazpacho, and (3) my really cute popsicle molds had never been used! It was time.
Here's how it's done:
1. Chop up about half a medium-sized watermelon and 1-2 peeled cucumbers into 1" chunks, so that you have a total of 4 cups of watermelon and 2 cups of cucumber. (I did not seed my cucumbers, but I have a VitaMix. If your blender is not of similar caliber, maybe seed your cucumbers.) (Also, you could use any kind of sweet, juicy melon, and any kind of cucumbers. Mine were lemon cucumbers. They're not often found at the grocery store but CSAs love 'em.)
2. Put the watermelon and cucumber into a blender. Add 1 cup vanilla yogurt. Or peach yogurt or strawberry yogurt or raspberry yogurt. Or plain yogurt + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract + 1/4 cup sugar. Blend everything on highest speed until smooth smooth smooth. (And it should end up smooth smooth smooth, and quite thin, because all the ingredients have such a high water content. Mine was the consistency of foamy milk.)
3. Pour into your popsicle molds and place in freezer.
4. You will probably have extra. I poured mine into a jar and called it "homemade kefir" - albeit v. thin, cucumbery kefir. My 1-year-old loved it. Who knew?
5. After a couple hours, check to see if they are frozen solid. (They probably will be, as popsicles are not terribly large, and freezers are rather cold places.) Once they are, enjoy! (Ideally on a hotter day than today.)
It is impossible to get a non-naughty-looking picture of a popsicle. Impossible. Impopsicle.