Valentine's Day is almost here! So here are ten super decadent oldies that will give your Friday a lovely sense of occasion. Go make one of these for someone you love. Or just for yourself. I won't tell. Ready for a lot of chocolate? Sweet. Let's do this!
1. Salty-Sweet Chocolate Mousse. Heavenly. And incidentally vegan.
2. Triple Chocolate Mousse Tart. (Jen, I know you have it under control, but if you are doing your Valentine's Day dinner for several again this year, you might want to consider this tart. It is a CROWD. PLEASER. And easily made ahead. Just sayin.)
3. Flourless Chocolate Cake. Maybe the object of your affection is more of a purest and wants straight-up rich dark chocolate, uncluttered with flour or - horror! - that impostor known as white "chocolate". In that case, you should make the absolute perfection that is this flourless chocolate cake. (But! I'm not gonna lie: the Triple Chocolate Mousse Tart is prettier.)
4. Cherry Smoothie. I'm serving these tangy-sweet, beautifully pink smoothies alongside some Vegan with a Vengeance double chocolate pancakes for my three main squeezes on Friday morning. Jealous?
5. If I weren't short a couple ingredients, I might be serving those pink lovelies with some Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins instead of pancakes. They are so delicious and simple. And did you know chocolate = love?
6. Hearts! The v. best kind of hearts: Whole Wheat Butter Cookies. Use any kind of jam on the inside. (Hearts elsewhere: Joy the Baker's Pie Hearts and My New Roots' Raw Chocolate Caramel Hearts. The latter makes me want to go buy a heart candy mold yesterday.)
7. If you've got more than just yourself + 1 to feed, you might consider a beautiful, aromatic one-pot meal like this Shakshuka, a/k/a Eggs in Purgatory. Love on a budget.
8. Or... Chicken with Cardamom Rice. Chicken thighs might not sound sexy, but when you simmer them with cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and juicy currants for a while - I assure you - they really are. And your house will smell good for days.
9. Spiced Ribeye with Caper and Chive Vinaigrette. I said "sense of occasion" and I meant it. What's more occasiony than steak?
10. St. Germaine-Pineapple Martini. I don't think anything says "do me" quite like Elderflower Liqueur and steak.
Godspeed, lovers. And many more!